Greetings fellow Bloggers!!!
HUMP DAY- BOW chickaawh- wawwww waaaaah! Its like your the director and you 'cue' the cool music get me? I can't wait for the weekend, not sure about you!!!!
If you missed anything this morning here is a run-down of 'stuffage' we covered!!!
* Phil Carey, who for years played the business tycoon Asa Buchanan in the ABC soap opera "One Life to Live," has died of lung cancer at 83. This, just a week after Clint Ritchie, who played his son Clint on the show, died.
* Rihanna is postponing a concert in Malaysia this week, after last weekend's incident involving her longtime boyfriend Chris Brown.
* Meanwhile, Wrigley's ad campaign which features Chris Brown is being put on hold until that whole matter is resolved.
* "Grey's Anatomy" co-star James Pickens Jr. says that Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight are leaving the medical drama.
* Because of the whole ordeal, you won't be seeing Chris Brown performing at any of the NBA All-Star activities this weekend. Oh, yes, he was scheduled.
* A Seattle real estate agent who had predicted house declines now says we're at the bottom: go!
* Sports Illustrated has picked Leonardo Di Caprio's girlfriend, Bar Refaeli as the cover girl of their new swimsuit issue.
* If you're keeping score at home, Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson are said to be back together.
* Usher is by his wife's bedside, as she recovers from complications following plastic surgery down in Brazil.
* Jennifer Hudson is going on a 5-week concert tour, beginning April 2nd in Philadelphia.
* Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy are engaged.
* In case you missed it, Julianne Hough will be back on the next round of "Dancing with the Stars." She'll be dancing with her boyfriend, Chuck Wicks.
I scanned the pages of a mag-uh-zeen that I don't normally read and found this for people to chew on a bit....
(Women's Health) Prone to typing sweet nothings? Join the club: 67 percent of use text messages to flirt, according to an AT&T survey of 1,000 adults. Why do lovers hit "send" so much? It may be an easy way to express emotion. This is what lovers are sending:
* 68% admit to they've texted a love note
* 52% said "Thinking of you" is the most common love message they receive
* 34% admit they'd be more comfortable on a first date if they got a pre-date text
* 28% admit they text with a partner at least three times a day
* 24% said the biggest turnoff when texting a date or spouse is a slow response
Also ladies....the stuf fyou guys can come up with is sometimes fascinating to me, more from womans health.....
5 Foods for Healthier Skin (by Leslie Baumann, M.D.)
1. Fish: Fatty fish like salmon, tilapia, and cod are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. And that's a good thing, because our bodies cannot produce those essential lipids naturally. By adding omega-3s to your diet, though, you can bolster your skin barrier - that is, the layer of lipids that holds onto moisture and keeps irritants out.
2. Green Tea: It's inexpensive, easy to add to your routine, and one of the best-researched and most powerful antioxidants around. That's why green tea is my go-to antioxidant: I drink at least three cups a day to fight aging and inflammation. Some studies even suggest that the antioxidants in green tea reduce one's risk of skin cancer. So put down that soda and start drinking your way to healthier skin!
3. Broccoli: Rich in vitamins A, C, and K (among many other nutrients), this veggie does more than its fair share of nutritional work. Vitamin A decreases oil production, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, and vitamin K can help prevent bruises. So whatever ails you, this green wonderfood might be just what the doctor ordered.
4. Safflower or Sunflower Oil: Omega-3s get a lot more talk, but omega-6 fatty acids - like the linoleic acid in these two oils - are also important for healthy skin. Like omega-3s, they help prevent dry skin and inflammation; they're also essential for the formation of prostaglandins, hormones that keep all the cells of the body functioning well.
5. Almonds: When it comes to boosting skin's defenses against aging, inflammation, and even skin cancer, antioxidants are so important that I'm going to add another to my list: A handful of almonds every day boosts your levels of vitamin E, one of the most important antioxidants for skin health. Studies also suggest that consuming vitamin E orally can increase the levels of this moisturizing vitamin on your skin's surface - great news for anyone prone to dry skin.
Ok seriously i might try this kinda stuff. Because afterall who wants to looks like a 90 year old man at 30 or 40, right?
Ok ladies, we covered you guys wel, correct more Wingnut research about what MEN want on V-day? Seruiously this might give you some ideas from my hear earned internet research and a tad bit of me thrown in to make things fair right? I found this from the YAHOO people, they rock!
With Valentine's Day coming up, it seems like all you hear about is what women want from men on the "hearty" day. But what about what men want? I found this article from Yahoo Personals that might be of help called, "7 Things Men Really Find Romantic:"
1. Dress Up for Him - Consider dressing for his tastes and not just yours once in a while, take him shopping and have him choose outfits he would like to see you in. Remember, you're doing this for him, not for you.
2. Initiate Physical Affection - Whether you're playing footsie under the table or placing a hand on our shoulders while scooting behind our chairs, men find the touch of the woman they love unbelievably reassuring. In our treasured nonverbal language, it translates as: "I accept you... I love you... We're a team."
3. Give Him a Night Out with the Boys -- No Strings Attached It may seem odd to you that a romantic gesture might not involve you at all. But dogs run with dogs, wolves run with wolves, and every so often, guys just have to break away and run with the guys (drooling and howling optional).
4. Tell Him What a Big, Strong Guy He Is - We men are famously incompetent at expressing ourselves verbally... but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate hearing a little praise now and then. In particular, we draw a lot of our identity from our maleness. Nurturing our big-ape fantasies -- me Tarzan, you Jane -- lets us know you value us as males, which is somehow important to the continued production of testosterone.
5. Score Him a Pair of Tickets to the Big Game - Which would you rather receive from your mate: a weekend at a spa or a new set of cookware? The spa is by far the more romantic gift, if only because he doesn't stand to gain anything from it. Gifts that don't benefit the giver are somehow purer because they demonstrate you care only about making your partner happy. So when you're thinking about gifts, try not to think about what you'd like to get him, but what he'd like to receive.
6. Show Interest in His Outside Life - We live in a fast-paced world, and we all know it's easy enough to get wrapped up in our own routines. But finding ways to let a man know you care about all aspects of his life, not just the parts he shares with you, is a great way to show you love the whole man.
7. Tell Him a Secret - Men want to be soul mates, too. Telling him a secret -- symbolically letting him deeper inside you -- demonstrates total trust in him and faith in your relationship. Because you're making yourself vulnerable, it's an incredible bonding experience.
NEWS abused, by WINGNUT
Wal-Mart announced Tuesday it's dropping 800 jobs. So at Wal-Mart, prices are dropping like price-checkers.
Jessica Simpsons is having trouble remembering the words to her songs. Her boyfriend Tony Romo said, "How can you forget the words to songs when you can remember every ingredient on a box of Twinkies?"
I tell ya', the economy is bad. Lay's Potato Chips is making bags with just one chip.
Did you see that U.S. Airways Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger was interviewed for a full hour on 60 Minutes? Actually, it only lasted 15 minutes. The interview was delayed 45 minutes for de-icing.
During his Monday night press conference, President Barack Obama told Americans he didn't come into office "ginned up to spend $800 billion dollars." Apparently, Obama only gets ginned up when he selects vice presidents and makes cabinet appointments.
On Monday, the Senate has moved the stimulus bill closer to a final vote with news reports saying it "squeaked by" with a preliminary vote of 61 "yeas," to 36 Republican "nays." 61 to 36 is squeaking by? I don't know about you...but when the Clippers are down 61-36 at halftime, I go to bed.
As if eight years of failed George Bush strategies weren't enough, Congressional Republicans are still pushing the exact same ideas in opposition to Obama's stimulus plan. It's like last week when ABC finally cancelled "According to Jim," but you still have to deal with it for years in syndication...
Miley Cyrus has issued a second apology for racially insensitive photographs that showed her mocking Asians by intentionally slanting her eyes with her fingers. Asian groups said Miley's first attempt at contrition, "I apologize from the bottom of my achy-breaky heart," sounded a little disingenuous.
A coffee cup used by Tom Cruise in the movie "Valkyrie" is being auctioned in Brazil with a minimum price set at $2,200. It's considered the most expensive coffee cup in the world that wasn't sold by Starbucks.
It's getting more obvious each day how different an Obama/Biden administration is from what a McCain/Palin one might have been. For instance, with Obama/Biden, Elkhart is a town hall meeting in Indiana. With McCain/Palin, "Elkhart" is a recipe.
In Elkhart, Indiana, President Obama held the first genuine presidential town hall meeting in eight years. All of President Bush's were "town-hall-style" meetings, with pre-screened guests, and pre-screened questions. The only time George Bush ever heard people who disagreed with him was when he was tapping our phones.
Senator John McCain made his 68th appearance on the CBS Sunday show, "Face the Nation" this week. I believe the only CBS Sunday show he's appeared on more was "Ed Sullivan."
Speaking from the Senate floor this week, Joe Lieberman said, "Tonight, we're going to do it." For the last time, Joe... We don't like you in that way.
Val Kilmer says he's seriously thinking about running to replace Bill Richardson as Governor of New Mexico. Have you seen photos of Val Kilmer lately? He certainly meets the weight requirement...
In Canada, a 60-year-old woman has given birth to twins. The good news is, in Canada breast feeding in public is legal. The bad news is... waist feeding isn't.
HA HA sorry i crack myself up soemtimes.....
Yahoo had some very cool, yet interesting LOVE QUOTES I had to share, enjoy....
* If music be the food of love, play on. (Shakespeare)
* Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be. (Robert Browning)
* Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart. (Lamartine)
* Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. (Albert Camus)
* It's not the men in my life that count -- it's the life in my men. (Mae West)
* One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
* Never judge someone by who he's in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people. Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals. (Cynthia Heimel)
* Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket, or a holding pattern over Philadelphia. (Judith Viorst)
* At the touch of Love every one becomes a poet. (Plato)
* Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile. (Sean Connery)
* Love doesn't grow on trees like apples in Eden - it's something you have to make. And you must use your imagination too. (Joyce Cary)
* Love is like the measles; we all have to go through it. (Jerome K. Jerome)
* One advantage of marriage, it seems to me, is that when you fall out of love with him, or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until maybe you fall in again. (Judith Viorst)
* Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties. (Jules Renard)
* To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. (Oscar Wilde)
* It is never too late to fall in love. (Sandy Wilson)
* Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. (Albert Einstein)
* Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely. (Hawkeye from TV's "M*A*S*H")
* We loved with a love that was more than love. (Edgar Allan Poe)