Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Greetings FELLOW BLOGGERS:
WED we made it its HUMP DAY...HE HAWWW!
We have to hit something very IMPORTANT tonight on ABC!
L O S T T O N I G H T
Lets do a TV breakdown:
AMERICAN IDOL (8p ET, FOX) -- More auditions in this edition. FYI: the episode will run 3 minutes long, ending at 9:03p ET.
OLD CHRISTINE (8p ET, CBS) -- A new episode. A new "Gary Unmarried" follows.
SEASON PREMIERE: LOST (9p ET, ABC) -- A clip show airs at 8p ET, before the 2-hour premiere.
SERIES PREMIERE: LIE TO ME (9:03p ET, FOX) -- (Note the start and end time; the episode will run until 10:06p ET) Tim Roth (The Incredible Hulk, Reservoir Dogs) stars in this new drama as Dr. Paul Ekman, a specialist who can read clues embedded in the human face, body and voice to expose both the truth and lies in criminal investigations.
CSI: NY (10p ET, CBS) -- In this new episode, the team finds various body parts scattered around the city. A new "Criminal Minds" airs before.
LAW & ORDER (10p ET, NBC) -- A new episode. A new "Knight Rider" airs at 8p ET.
TOP CHEF (10p ET, Bravo) -- It's time for the Restaurant Wars!
DAMAGES (10p ET, FX) -- In this new episode, Ellen uncovers a decades-old secret from Patty and Purcell's past.
It seems you and I watch a lot of tv, this is sort of Geek stuff but interesting non-the-less:
Top TV Shows Week Ending 01-11-09
you get the picture
College Football: Oklahoma vs. Florida
NFL Football: Arizona vs. Carolina
AFC Division Playoff Post-Game-Sunday
College Football: Texas vs. Ohio State
Golden Globe Awards
Without a Trace
Barbara Walters Special
Biggest Loser 7
Two And a Half Men
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Law & Order: SVU
Source: Nielsen Media Research
My friends in SEATTLE sent this my way from another radio station I had to share it with you:
WHAT MEN REALLY MEAN!
Might be good to break this into two bits, spaced an hour apart or done at the same time two different days. Men's retort in BOLD btw
When he says What he really means is
"Let's take your car." "Mine is full of beer cans, burger wrappers and completely out of gas." "Woman Driver!" "Someone who doesn't speed, tailgate, swear, make obscene gestures and has a better driving record than me."
"Can I help with dinner?" "Why isn't it already on the table?"
"Have you lost weight?" "I've just spent our last $30 on a cordless drill."
"My wife doesn't understand me." "She's heard all my stories before, and is tired of them."
"I'm getting more exercise lately." "The batteries in the remote are dead."
"Hey, I've read all the classics." "Hey, I've been subscribing to Playboy since 1972."
"You cook just like my mother used to." "She used the smoke detector as a meal timer, too."
"I was listening to you. It's just that I have things on my mind." "I was wondering if that red-head over there is wearing a bra." "Take a break, honey, you're working too hard." "I can't hear the game over the vacuum cleaner."
"It's a really good movie." "It's got guns, knives, fast cars, and Heather Locklear."
"Will you marry me?" "Both my roommates have moved out, I can't find the washer, and there is no more peanut butter."
"I was just thinking about you, and got you these roses." "The girl selling them on the corner was a real babe."
"I brought you a present." "It was free ice scraper night at the ball game."
"This relationship is getting too serious." "I like you more than my truck."
How often do you shower? Seriously, i can ask that right? I take one everyday in the morning before i go to work unless i am running late than I wash my face and wear a hat. :) That's what i do everyday! Now what about you? There are some people out there to claim they can read a person by their washing or showering habits!!! SERIOUSLY check it out:
HOW YOU SHOWER BARES THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU
So, which part of your body do you bathe first? The answer to that question reveals interesting information about your personality, say experts. "The subconscious is in control because a person is on autopilot when performing a daily task like showering," explains psychologist Sharon Berry. "But even if you're not really thinking, research shows that the area where you start directly relates to your personality."
Here's what your showering style reveals about you:
• Begin by shampooing your hair -- You're artistic and creative. You spend much of your time daydreaming about future plans, but you can be very dogged when it comes to achieving goals that are particularly important to you. Spending time with intellectually challenging pals is essential. You'll go to any lengthens to please your sweetheart in bed. Your best choice of life partners is a person who starts with the chest.
• Begin by soaping your chest -- You're a straightforward, practical person who focuses on a task with a single minded intensity that ensures you'll find the solution. You are impatient with people who interrupt your concentration. You also have no time for people who don't share your point of view. You are a good lover who's willing to try new things. Have a happy love life by choosing a partner who begins with their hair.
• Begin by washing your under arms -- You're loyal, dependable and hard working with a down to earth demeanor that makes you a very popular person. But your trusting nature can blind you to the true intentions of others. Make an effort to curtail your workaholic ways by spending more time showering your honey with affection. You'll reap immediate benefits. Choose a lover who starts with the shoulders.
• Begin by cleaning your face -- Lots of spending money plus a bulging savings account and a healthy retirement fund top your must have list. Getting ahead financially sometimes even eclipses your relationships with friends and family. But you can be generous, surprising loved ones with thoughtful gifts. You enthrall your mate with the ingenuity you bring to the bedroom. Your best partner starts with the armpits.
• Begin by scrubbing your shoulders -- You're a quiet person who reveals little about yourself in social situations. The privileged few allowed in your small circle value your opinion and are impressed with the inner strength you bring to a crisis. You may have fantastic fantasies, but you're often too timid to share them with your lover. Loosen up and you'll be happy you did. A person who washes the face first is your best bet.
Where do you rate? Send me an e-mail and tell me I have to know! LOL firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Wingnut In The Morning Headlines:
• A memory pill that was first developed for Alzheimer's patients could be available for everyone in the next year or two.
• Kelly Osbourne has been taken into custody for allegedly slapping a gossip columnist who called her fiance dumb.
• Passengers aboard the US Airways jet that collided with a flock of birds, forcing the pilot to land in the Hudson River on January 15, will each be paid $5,000 to compensate them for lost luggage and other belongings.
• A Philippines police officer says he has captured video of the mysterious "White Lady" -- a ghost -- on his cell phone.
• Brad Pitt says he is not afraid of growing old, but is worried about how he will die. He's afraid of fire and tight places, but not sharks.
• By the way, his full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. You can thank his dad, Donald Sutherland, for those 7 names.
• New American Idol judge Kara Dioguardi is a distant cousin of Regis Philbin.
• ER's Parminder Nagra and her longtime boyfriend, celebrity photographer James Stenson, were married last weekend... just a month after announcing she was pregnant.
• Ozzy Osbourne and family are back in a variety-style show featuring skits, impersonations and audience games to air later this year on Fox.
• Country singer Jo Dee Messina has welcomed a baby boy into the world.
• Rachel Griffiths from "Brothers and Sisters" is expecting her third child in July.
• The man accused of killing three members of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson's family in Chicago has pleaded not guilty.
• Country singer Jo Dee Messina and her husband have announced the birth of their first child, a boy.
• Marcia Cross's husband, stockbroker Tom Mahoney, has been diagnosed with cancer.
CMN (country music news)
KENNY CHESNEY has announced stadium dates and venues for his Sun City Carnival Tour. Opening acts will include MIRANDA LAMBERT, LADY ANTEBELLUM, SUGARLAND and MONTGOMERY GENTRY. Dates are:
• May 2, Pizza Hut Park, Dallas, Texas*
• May 23, Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio*
• May 30, Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Kentucky
• June 6, Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• June 13, Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
• June 27, Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• July 18, AT&T Park, San Francisco, California*
• July 23, Rio Tinto Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah*
• August 1, Qwest Field, Seattle, Washington
• August 15, Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
• August 22, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
• September 19, Lucas Oil Field, Indianapolis, Indiana
* Show does not include Montgomery Gentry
CARRIE UNDERWOOD has been added to the lineup of performers for the upcoming Grammy Awards, airing February 8 on CBS. She's up for Best Female Vocal Performance in Country for her tune Last Name and will perform during the show, along with KENNY CHESNEY and others.
TRACE ADKINS performs his tune You’re Gonna Miss This on today’s (Wednesday) Ellen. He'll also perform his new single, Marry For Money, on tonight Late Show With Craig Ferguson (CBS).
Word is TAYLOR SWIFT will make a cameo appearance in the Jonas Brothers' upcoming 3-D Concert Experience, due out February 24. She'll sing a duet version of SHANIA TWAIN’s I'm Gonna Getcha Good. The movie was filmed last summer when Taylor was dating Joe Jonas.
JO DEE MESSINA says now that she's a mom, she plans to hit up MARTINA MCBRIDE and SARA EVANS for advice on touring with her newborn son, Noah. She plans to take him on the road with her beginning in April.
The ZAC BROWN BAND (May 30) and JO DEE MESSINA (August 1) will entertain fans with concerts following Pittsburgh Pirates home games this season.
JESSICA SIMPSON may only be the girlfriend of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, but she is part of the Cowboys’ Family Cookbook this year. She and Tony discuss their recipes for Banana Breakfast Fruit Smoothies and Broccoli with Wherry Tomatoes.
With his song Don't, BILLY CURRINGTON scores his third number this week and ends BRAD PAISLEY and KEITH URBAN's stint at the top after just one week. Billy’s last chart-topper was Good Directions, which held the spot last summer.
CHUCK WICKS is writing songs for his next album with various collaborators including R&B singer Brian McKnight, girlfriend JULIANNE HOUGH and pop singer Richard Marx.
Brain Buster this morning: Sixty-nine percent of us have this in common. (There is at least one photo of us somewhere on the Internet)
HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE ON THE NATIONAL MALL?
(WSJ) News organizations had a hard time closing in on the number.
In the early afternoon, both the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal headlined “millions” of witnesses, but their articles referred to “hundreds of thousands.” The Times, in the same article, said the crowd was “appearing to number well over a million.”
CNN also described a crowd of “hundreds of thousands,” online, but on TV and online the news network also referred to an “expected” and “estimated” crowd of up to two million. CBS News, online, described “crowds approaching two million.” Later that number was changed to “in excess of one million.”
The Associated Press counted more than one million people, using “crowd photographs and comparisons with past events.” That report was picked up by Fox News and also by NBC News. The latter network, like the Washington Post, quoted a “security official” who put the crowd closer to two million, which the Post said would break Lyndon Johnson’s record 1965 crowd of 1.2 million.
If the “security official” is right and the crowd was nearly two million, that would mean less than three square feet of space per person, according to Clark McPhail, a professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Illinois and expert on crowd counting.